Monday, September 20, 2010

Don't read it!! Its not a 'poem'

There I sat and watched the words fly by
Insensitive gestures they all come by
Without a glimpse of sadness my world seems so untrue
The thoughts of wisdom will take me through

With glory and the lullaby
She sat next to me, thinking
I may be sorry, because I didn’t mean a thing
But I simply apologised for stretching the string.
When it all got over she would meet
Solace that we craved to greet
On this mutual stance we both agreed
Love is just the beginning for a long retreat

It seems so fucking surreal
The reality at hand
Gazing through the gallows
I see bright sunshine
When none else bothers
And my heart’s on a burner
I pour some wine from an empty bottle
And drive through the meadows full throttle

Quite aware while writing this song or nasty verse
I’m not poet and it wouldn’t solve a purpose
I can’t put on paper what I am feeling
But that’s the only thing that helps me sleeping

So I am off to sleep while you read this through
I never knew you, and neither did you.
The sourness isn’t gonna end so soon,
So dear, let me go and sleep on the moon!

2 comments:

rehab said...

the last line is a clincher...
"let me go and sleep on the moon"

Rumi said...

Is it a bird, is it a plane, nope it's Gandhi's poetry saving the day :)